Preparing your home for the real estate market is not easy and it's best to have an agent helping guide you through the entire process from preparation to close. Steps involved with preparing your home include:
- Organizing/Staging your home for showings and photos
- Talking with your Agent about recent sales, pending sales and active listings
- Determining best market price
- Sign installation
- Photo shoot for marketing
- Compiling information into the listing for the home to go active on the market
Now that your home is on the market, be prepared for the following:
- Showings to potential buyers - it's best to be as accommodating as possible
- Feedback from buyers/Realtors® on price, condition, etc.
- Receive offers from buyers on your home
- Discussing with your Realtor® best options for offer tems
The offer process is similar to that of the buyer, however, as the seller, you're on the other side of the fence awaiting inspection results and the response. Upon that, you're also awaiting the results of the appraisal and ensuring the buyer's loan is approved to prepare to get to closing. The title company will coordinate closing documents and costs are in line with the closing date and agreed upon terms in the contract. Upon the buyer closing, the title company will record the sale and disburse funds. If you are receiving money from the sale, they will get the money to you via wire or other options.